Matt, Mandy and baby Grace were in Utah for a couple of weeks but not able to stay for turkey day so we decided to have two! Shaun loved that idea. Plus it was nice to see the family and spend some time with Matt before he leaves this Saturday for 12 to 18 months. I was surprised to see myself bawling as we left them at the airport check in point. I really love my family.
It was so much fun to see how much baby Grace has grown up. I wasn't able to take pictures since Shaun and I didn't have a camera yet. Kim's kids had a blast following her around Grandma and Rexy's house listening to her giggle and jabber up a storm.
Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, we stayed the night at Shaun's parents house in Brigham City. Tara, Brock, Marie, Nolan, Bri and Bronen also visited that night. It was fun to see everyone. Brock and Marie will be married Dec 13. I found that Bronen likes to sit on my lap and have someone move his legs as if he were running in place. He gave me the biggest smile! All the siblings love to go down to the basement and play around the world ping pong. I opted out in fear of running into the table with my tummy.
Thanksgiving morning we ate breakfast, showered and played a few games as Tate, Shalisa, Jarom, Desarae, Tom, Christine, and Siena came over that morning. Tate brought Rock Band and Tom brought is WII playstation. Christine is finally fashioning a tiny baby bump. They are expecting their baby boy in the beginning of March.
Shaun and I arrived at my Grandma Barlow's around 2pm then drove to Aunt Diana and Uncle Bruce's house for our Thanksgiving dinner. Who was there? Bruce, Diana, Diana's son, his wife and 4 kids, Aunt Marsha, Grandma Barlow, Rexy, Mom, Misite, Shaun and I. We have a tradition of putting a puzzle together and singing Christmas carols between dinner, socializing, cleaning up and eating dessert.
Rexy drove us home just in time to go see my Dad and Lydia for a few minutes. It was a nice visit to catch up and for Morgan to show us a cool science project from school. Since we are not in Salt Lake that much, Lydia was also able to show us a few things she bought for Brooklynn. She is already loved so much!
Friday at 6 am, Shaun and I went to Staples to purchase a camera and a free Canon photo printer! Since paper and ink would be to expensive for us, we won't be using the printer so we gave that to his parents. I was able to take a few pictures of a baby shower Momma Woods and Grandma Barlow threw for me saturday. We had a small get together and enjoyed visiting with mom's side of the family and a light lunch. Thanks you for the gifts! Thank you Thank you.
Shaun and I made a trip to Target to purchase I few needed items just in time to come back and see the lights with Mom, Grandma, Mistie and Gabby. It was kind of strange to have it so warm this year and not as many trees were lit up. It was nice to get out and celebrate a little Christmas with the family before Shaun and I made our trip back up to Logan that night.
Just as a side note, I'm not sure how I am feeling, uncomfortable? Friday morning I woke up really swollen. Especially my face since I looked like a cabbage patch doll. My ankles and hands were swollen the entire week before. Yesterday I called the doctor. After a few tests to check for preclampsia also known as toxemia, I'm ok so far but I was told to stay home and off my feet. I told my supervisor and called Shaun just in time for him to come get me before he went into work. Seven hours later, it was nice to see that I had ankles for the first time in atleast a week.
Today, I went back to the doctor. He was shocked to find that I went to school this morning. I didn't realize he meant no school either. I convinced him to allow me to finish my classes since there is only a week and a half left. I have one class and a group project meeting tomorrow and two classes friday. Next week I don't have finals until wednesday but I finish friday around 10:15am. He said ok but he was really close to putting he on complete bed rest. He gave me a prescription to lower my blood pressure and wants me to come back for more testing friday.
Jane Cooks
1 day ago

1 comment:
I hope you don't have to do complete bed rest, that would drive me crazy! If you need anything let me know :)
Post a Comment