Summer 2013

Summer 2013

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

60 days!

Ok so I can do this! Only 60 days. It goes by really fast if I don't think about it.

So I finally finish Book 4 of Work and the Glory! It's such a good book. I give Shaun updates on the book every day he comes home. It's all a can do for him since he doesn't have time to read them himself. It's amazing what people went through at that time. Alot of death but alot of life. Why did they endure and never give up? Nathan, one of the Steed men, explained it to his brother Joshua. Joshua was there for Haun's Mill and actually sacrified his life for his mother, sisters and ex-wife. They were just about to be taken advantage of by some of the Missourian Militia. Joshua intervened, killing one of the three men. Shortly afterward the two men shot Joshua in the back leaving him for dead. Nathan asked Joshua why he did it? It was because of love. Nathan proceeded to share his testimony of God's sacrific of his son. Then the Saviors life sacrifice for us so we can overcome all this devastation tormoil in life and find true happiness. That's why they never gave up.

So I don't have anything to complain about. Yes my back aches alittle, I gag on all the water I need to drink daily, and I can do nothing but lay here. I am greatful for my husband and his opportunity to serve. Before I was put on bed rest he would always ask how he could help. What could he do better? I honestly couldn't think of anything. I did laundry on wednesdays so we had more time together on saturday. He made lunch for me two times a week. We shared other duties like cooking and cleaning. He says that in a way, he thinks the Lord was preparing him for this. Shaun wanted to help so he got his wish. He finds so much joy in it. At first I thought it would be such a burden on him. But not at all. He loves doing it. Shaun is an amazing example to me of optimism.

I'll admitt this is a very humbling experience. All I hear anymore is "Go lay down!", "How much water have you drank today", "I love you Solnechka!", etc.

Our home teacher came over yesterday and while talking, we found out that Comcast basic cable is not the expensive. Shaun looked into it today and found it to be true. It's $25 to hook up and $10 a month for your first year. I read alot and play on the computer but I think it would be nice to see what's happening in the world around me. We can also watch Conference and other church broadcasts that we miss out on. Well we don't really miss out but we can watch them at home. Oh and count down for the new year! So Shaun and I have given in the basic cable and it should be set up on friday between 10-12noon.

The relief society has also asked what they can do to help. I told them we were alright but they were insistant. Once a week, usually wednesday, they are bring dinner over for us.

Lastnight I had someone at my door, which kinda scared me, but it was a friend from the ward bringing us a plate of cookies. The Everretts while probably have their twins around the same time we have Brooklynn.

Last monday was enrichment. The relief society went caroling to members of the 7th ward and decided to stop by here as well. I was in not ready for them to come over at the moment so I let them ring the doorbell and knock a few times. Finally I decided to open the door. They sang a song and asked to come in. Oh I was embarressed but they lifted my heavy spirit and had a nice visit. They were also shocked to see how clean the apartment was. That made me feel good too. I couldn't do it without Shaun.

No comments: