Summer 2013

Summer 2013

Monday, November 10, 2008

Early Birthday Celebration

Saturday, all of the Elegante's took me and my neice out to dinner for our birthdays. Desarea is going to be one on the 25th and I will be 26 on the 15th. We ate at The Pie Pizzaria in Ogden and opened gifts. Desarea got a shirt and a baby doll. For each member of the older family members, everyone pitches in for a gift and Shaun was able to find a rocking chair at Wal-Mart for about $130.00! So I was way excited when I opened a babies first book and a note indicating a rocking chair as well. THANK YOU!! I really want to be able to rock my baby and read her stories. I love it! I will have to post a picture later.

I was also able to see Mandy, Matt and Grace that night. Shaun and I were so tired but I was so happy to be able to see and spend some time with them for a few minutes. Gracie was having a hard time getting to sleep and ended up coming back upstairs to say hi. It took her awhile to warm up. She's so dang cute! She would start laughing and playing but then would make eye contact with either me or Shaun and just stare at us. I decided to tickle her and grab her baby hands and finally she opened up alittle when it was time to leave. I tried getting on my hands and knees to peek around the corner at her but all she did was cry and run towards her momma. Matty will be leaving soon to Iraq. I pray for their little family every night that all will be well with them.

Shaun and I also decided to celebrate Sunday and have a roast with potatoes, carrots, peppers, and onions. It was great to come home to a wonderful smelling apartment after Laura, my visiting teaching companion, and I visited with Sarah and Jennie. Jennie is also expecting her baby girl Kate in 9 days. Congrates Jennie! Sarah's baby girl will be one on the 13th. Happy Birthday to her! November is a good month for birthdays and celebrations. I'm looking forward to the next 7 or so weekends.

Just as a side note, Shaun and I have had a hard time getting the air in our apartment to keep us warm. Luckily we have great landlords and they were able to fix it for us will we were gone this weekend. It's so nice to wake up to a warm home and not freeze to death. It was 59 degrees saturday morning but now it's a constent 70-72 degrees!

Another side note: Brooklynn has really popped out this weekend and I am beginning to swell alittle. I noticed my ankles were swolen while visiting Jennie. My tailbone has beens swore for about a week and my energy level has gone down. It was really really hard to get out of bed this morning. I think I fell asleep about 7 times today. Just picture me at a computer "doing research" with my hand holding up my cheek with my mouth open wide for a few minutes or me sitting on a couch and out for the count 2-3 minutes at a time while attempting to stay for a quiz which might as well be a test since it's Dr. Lown's class. I also have two other tests to study for! I am amazed how Shaun does it. He too has a rigorous schedule but also works twice as much as I do. When you put her mind to it, you can do anything!!

This weekend is my birthday. Shaun has planned for us to go to the Bountiful Temple and an indoor prarrie restraunt in Ogden. My dad just called today and wants to take us out to dinner. Since my weekends seem to be so full I think saturday is our only bet. So we'll most likely have dinner with them.

Next weekend is the 22nd and we are having Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Barlow's with Matt, Mandy, Grace, Momma Woods, Grandma, Rex?, and possibly others. The weekend after is Thanksgiving. Shaun will be taking as much time as he can hunting with his brothers outside of eating dinner with the family as I will probably be shopping with Mom. Mistie will be hereThanksgiving weekend but Matt and Mandy have to go back home to Texas.

Dec. 6th is the next saturday and Marie, Brock's fiance is taking out her endowments in the Bountiful Temple. (I might have to work that evening.) The next saturday is their wedding. The weekend after that is Christmas. Then new years weekend. I think we are planning on going to St. George to visit my dad's parents for a fews days. Then it's back to school for Shaun! I won't be attending school but planning for Baby Brooklynn's arrival in February.

BUSY BUSY BUSY! Well It's 9:30pm and I can finally get my car out of the Terrace Parking Lot so I'm outta here!! SEE YA

No comments: