Summer 2013

Summer 2013

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Job

Shaun was able to start a job a week before we got married. He was so excited and relieved when he got a job with insurance. Well they didn't tell him it would be another 6 months until the insurance kicked in. Shortly afterwards, we found out about our little one and wondered what we were going to do until November. Luckily, I have a sister who has a baby and so I called and asked for her advice. After the excitement of her little big sis having a baby settled in, she told me about Medicaid and how it helped her. So after another agonizing month, he found out how we were to pay for little Brooklynn. Thank you Medicaid!

Still there was something wrong. Shaun felt like he should still look for a job with immediate insurance. His brother gave him a few suggestions and put his name in for a few positions at his place of work. Low and behold, he got a job that started out with full time benefits and swing shift hours working full time!

The previous job would leave Shaun's nights open with me. This is my first night without his company from 2:30pm to 11:15pm. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but maybe it's just the emotional roller coaster from hormones? That regular time for Shaun to come home came and went. I found myself shedding a few tears. Then more and more until it was uncontrollable. He called at 7pm to have me take him home for a short dinner brake. We pretend to fight and say who loves who more. Well I looked at him tonight and said, "See, I love you more and can't even control myself tonight." My goodness I don't know how my sister does it with her husband gone for days and sometimes weeks at a time. Pretty soon, her hubby will be gone for a year. Holy cow! I don't know how you do it! I guess these roller coaster waves are normal but I don't like it. I really am fine though, I think.

I will admit though, it is going to be nice to take morning walks with him when I still have energy. By the end of the day, I'm just exhausted. Oh and the temple will open here soon! It's been closed for cleaning and a few extra weeks for maintenance. It's been the longest month of my life. We usually go once a week on Thursdays.

Just as a side note. I am 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I was playing around and figured out that I will be 26 weeks on my 26th birthday!! Our nurse consultation (just a blood and urine sample) was the 22nd and our first ob-gyn visit will be in a week from today. I hope we have an ultra sound so we can hear our baby's heartbeat. (maybe babies'?)

Crystal

No comments: