Shaun wrote:It is amazing to see how the Lord works in your life. This Christmas has been the best in my life, as well as the most challenging. The happiest times in your life come when times also seem the hardest. Dec. 23 when I came home from work, Crystal informed me she had a head ache. I was already kind of getting nervous because it wouldn’t go away like her previous ones. Two hours later after consulting with a registered nurse I decided to take her in, probably one of the best choices I’ve made in my life. After getting admitted into labor and delivery and a whole multitude of test, they informed us they were going to transfer us to McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden. Right then I knew my life was going to change forever. After getting virtually no sleep they informed us they were going to do an emergency c-section. The doctor started Crystal on magnesium to prevent her from getting seizures and at 4:06pm on Christmas Eve little baby Brooklynn was welcomed into the world. I was so proud of her mother, Crystal, as I held her on the operation table. She went through so much and sacrificed so greatly to bring this sweet soul into our family. Later that evening the side effects of the magnesium kick in. My heart ached as I watched Crystal in agony in her bed. I gave her a priesthood blessing and then knelt in prayer, pleading with the Lord to take the pain from Crystal so she could rest. As I finished I turned around and looked at my beautiful wife who had fallen peacefully asleep. As I sat there watching her sleep in the dark for what seemed like an hour my heart was so full of gratitude to a loving Heavenly Father for extending His tender mercies to us. The next day when Crystal was finally off the magnesium we went to hold our baby for the first time. Tears weld up in my eyes as I watched her holding our little Christmas angel.
Since then we have been staying in Brigham and traveling down to Ogden to see our baby. We have had a lot of firsts, changing diapers (I make sure I give mom the morning ones, that is when she poops the most) and giving baths.
Though it all we have grown closer as a family as we sacrifice for one other. As we have done so we have grown closer to our Heavenly Father who has been with us through it all. We have seen all the miracles He has given us from bringing Brooklynn to us to calming Crystal so she could sleep. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!
Shaun

2 comments:
That's amazing! I'm so happy everything is working out so well for your little family. Hope it continues. Congratuations again you guys!
We wish your family the very best & please know that our thoughts & prayers are with you! This is one of my favorite scriptures that always brings me comfort -
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
We were at the hospital the same time, we were there since about
3am on the 23rd. And your baby girl is beautiful, we cant wait for you to bring her home! We will have to have play dates!!!
Post a Comment